Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Stress

Stress is a killer. It seems like my life just gets more screwed up as the days go on. My family deserves a break from all the drama. Today my husband had surgery and it really was good news from the surgery, then at 1516 he started bleeding like a stuck pig. Mom freaked out and me, well I was so calm it was scary. I took the saturated dressing off, blood was all over his neck,
running down his stomach and back and me I just put pressure on the incision site for a few minutes, (seemed like forever). I called the nurses I work with and they said I did the right thing. So far so good. Is it over? I sure hope so.

My Baby calls and says he is having surgery next week and of course I want to be with him.
I am scheduled to work all next week and Mom has chemo again next Wednesday.
What should I do? The Mommy part of me wants to hop a plane to NYC and the daughter part of me wants to go to NYC to be with my son. Am I a bad daughter? I try to be there for everyone but what can I do? My heart hurts, I want to be both places. HELP!!!!

The worse news of all is I think I have developed an allergy to my lipstick. Now you must understand how many tubes of lipstick I have. Lipstick is the only make up I wear and I feel UGLY without it. What to do, cry, rant, rave, maybe look for hypoallergenic lipstick.
Oh well, life goes on.

If anyone has advice for all my problems, PLEASE give me the answers.

Now to tell you how much I enjoyed Bobby being home. It was wonderful, dinner, shopping, movies, all the fun things we used to do. I sure do miss my fun times with him.
He seems to be really happy in NYC so I am happy for him. He is a big city person and is enjoying his life. Time moves on and we have to adapt to all the changes, so I will.

HEALTH, HOPE, HAPPINESS and FINANCIAL FREEDOM to all my friends and family.

4 comments:

Bobby said...

Sure does sound like you are stressed out. The baby is not have "surgery" he is have a plastic surgeon remove a small cyst from his forehead at the NYU Downtown Hospital OR. He has had two friends ask if he wants them to go with him and he said thanks but no thanks, this is a simple procedure that COULD be done at the plastic surgeon's office.

No need to worry about me! If you want to worry, I have several blisters on my feet from walking so much yesterday..THEY HURT!

Annette said...

You are my baby and will always be my baby. I would buy you some good stuff for your blisters if i was there. try to fing the gel bandaids we got when i got the blisters when we went to NYC.
flights on jet blue were $327 and some change, i looked to see.

Charlene said...

Am I going to be this way with Charles????

Good luck and strength for you Mum! I pray for the health of the family every day!

Bobby said...

I have to have someone pick me up from the hospital so don't worry mom...

I do think however that sincce my procedure is at 10, i will try to make it to my class from 2-6 !