Friday, August 11, 2006

Good and Bad news

Well went with Mom to see the Oncologist yesterday and we had mixed news. Two of the spots on her lungs are the same or maybe a little smaller and two others have gotten larger. She will be having three more chemo treatments and then a PET scan which is suppose to give more detail on the findings.

She said something to me yesterday that was very upsetting. She said she only thought she had three more good months to live. She said no one knows how bad she feels. I told her we can only know if she tells us. Most days she said she does not feel like even doing the dishes so I told her that she does not have to do them we will. She stopped doing the clothes several weeks ago and so I started doing them.

I want her to do as much as she can but I don't want her to feel like she has to do anything.
I just don't want her to give up. I want her to be happy and not just wither away. What is the happy medium? I don't know, someone please tell me.

Hoping that everyone has a super special weekend.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

I think you said it best to me when I was sitting on the side of the road puking because I couldn't breathe back in middle school, sick yet again with Pneumonia.... "If you think you can't you can't..." Don't give up..