Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Count Down Has Started

Well today I start all my work-up for my surgery on Friday. Things are going well so far but I will be glad when the surgery is over. Am I nervous, yes and no. Will I be able to stay at home for 6 weeks? No - 2 weeks at most I hope. All my friends are super supportive and my family has been wonderful. Not sure yet when I will start chemo but I hope it goes as well as my Moms' did as far as the side effects .

Mom is not doing well. She has had to call again and get stronger medicine for the 3rd time. She will be taking something with morphine in it. I hope I will be able to help her while I am trying to recuperate. Life is not easy but at least it is life.

Thanksgiving was very nice. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves but we needed Bobby there but he had a super time in "Paree". I am so glad he had a good time. Next year hopefully I will be able to go somewhere with him.

I have got most of my Christmas shopping done and wrapped believe it or not, just a few more items and then I am done.

Have a fun filled week and enjoy life!

3 comments:

Bobby said...

Save the other pills for me and my foot! I will grab them when I get down there in 25 days!

I am thinking about you and know that the surgery will go well.

And I can't wait for the Christmas Turkey. I had Pizza for lunch and Chinese Take-Out for dinner on Thanksgiving in Paris!

Annette said...

are you sure you don't want steaks
I don't think I will be able to cook a full meal but I will get Daddy to smoke a turkey while you are home

Bobby said...

Heck, I can cook when I am home! I haven't done it before, but I am sure I can roast a turkey!

Steaks are fine too!

Don't forget, save no longer needed pain pills for west harlem school teacher with random pain in foot!