Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mastectomy

Well this may sound very weird but I got some good news today. All my scans came back negative, I have arthritis everywhere but not cancer. I will need to have a mastectomy and chemo but I can deal with that. They will check my lymph nodes when they do the mastectomy and I will start chemo pretty soon after surgery. I really like my oncologist. She is very straight forward but compassionate at the same time.
I will not be having breast reconstruction at this time but maybe in 6 months to a year. She recommends that I wait and not put any foreign objects in my body at this time. The other good news is that the kind of cancer I have does not usually spread to the other breast. All my friends at work have been super supportive and (2) of them went with me today for the results. They are the best people in the world to have as co-workers. I could not have been as strong without their support. My family has also been very supportive emotionally and monetarily and I really appreciate all their help and money to help with my treatment. It is going to be very expensive but somehow we will make it. I still need all your prayers and love.
All my love and heartfelt thanks to each and everyone, especially to God for answering my prayers and all the prayers from friends and family.
I'll be around to bug the heck out of you all!!!!

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Thank God Mom, you can bug the heck out of us ANYTIME!! Forgive me, but you are a strong bitch and I know you will do fine through your surgery and chemo. I will be there to help anyway I can.

I have such faith in the Lord and I know that he is watching over you as you have watched over the entire family. Thank you so much for your love, we look forward to our bright future together. You have been an inspiration of strength to me....