Friday, January 19, 2007

Chemo

Well next week I start chemo. I will be having 4 treatments. I decided not to do the clinical trial. There is just not enough known about the outcome and I decided to do what they do know about. I am anxious to start and I am also afraid to start. Will I get sick, will I soon be bald? The hair will grow back but I am concerned about my eye lashes and eyebrows, but whatever happens I will deal with it and go forward with my life. I just thank God that I have a future.
Everyone keep praying for recovery and all the people who still have need for prayers.
I will not be able to eat any raw vegetables or fruits for a period during my chemo and I sure will miss salads, tomatoes, grapes, cucumbers, etc. I will also miss my medium rare steak but that will only last until the middle of April and I can manage for that long.

My Mother is still going down hill, they are going to have to give her liquid meds or maybe crush her meds and put in applesauce. The cancer is growing and she is having trouble swallowing.
She is still mad at me for putting her in a nursing home but I know deep down she understands.
There seems to be more confusion and then she is perfectly clear. Life is strange but I have always heard that God works in mysterious ways.

Keep praying that I will get through chemo and make the right decisions for family and myself.

Have a great weekend. Love to all.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Wow, sounds like Chemo is perfect for me.. I don't eat raw vegetables and very few fruits...