Saturday, March 31, 2007

Chemo # 4

Well I had the last of my AC chemo and now I start my Taxol for 12 weeks, then I go on Femara for 5 years. This time the AC made me extremely tired the same day I had it. I was in bed by 7:30 and slept until 2 A.M. Of course I am on the decadron for 4 days and the emend for 3 days to prevent nausea. I took a compazine tonight because I was a little nauseous not much but they say to take it to prevent it getting any worse so I did.

Tiger and family were suppose to come over for spring break but the car had plans of its own. The green giant decided it was time for a little coddling and some attention for itself and pulled a sneak attack by breaking down. Sure hope they have it back by now. Missed having the kids over but I will be seeing them soon.

Worked all week except for Tuesday which I took off due to a very light schedule. We only had 8 patients. It is nice to have an extra day off. I'm thinking about going on 10 hour days just to get the extra day off each week. Will have to wait until I am finished with chemo to do it. My chemo will be every Wednesday for 11 weeks and then Thursday July 5th will be my last IV chemo. The next step will be the breast reconstruction but not sure when I will start that process.

No big plans for the week end, just the usual stuff around the house.

Have a super week end and a great big hello and love to all.

2 comments:

Charlene said...

I am so sorry we couldnt make it this week Mom. Good thing we'll be seeing you this week. Good news on Friday!

Bobby said...

Guess what.. In about 24 hours I will be landing at OIA!