Wednesday, May 02, 2007

April 25th chemo

Well I had my second treatment of Taxol last Wednesday. My blood count dropped to 10.5 from 11.4 which is not bad but I just hope it does not drop lower. My nurse today was Kristin and she was very nice. She told me some things I did not know. With the Taxol if you are going to get sick it is usually the 3rd day which has happened to me twice. She told me to start taking my Compazine every 6 hours for three days and it really did work. I only had slight bone pain in my left leg, so things went better this time. Today I will have my 3rd treatment.

Mac and I went to Indialantic last Friday and stayed until Sunday night. It was a very relaxing weekend. Mac, Tiger, and Charles went fishing Saturday and Sunday. They caught some fish. Check out the blogs for Bobby and Charlene for pictures.
Friday we went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch and it was delicious. Tiger grilled pork chops outside and I fixed the other stuff for dinner Friday night. On Saturday we had a low country boil with oysters, shrimp, kielbasa, corn, and saltines.We also had chips with salsa for snacking.

Sunday was the big day for Charles. We went to Andretti Thrill Park for his birthday and there were 10-12 of his friends there to celebrate. They had pizza, cold drinks, and a ice cream cake. The pizza was really good. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLES!!!!! What fun we had.

Monday I rested and got caught up on all my programs. Back to work on Tuesday. No rest for the weary (haha).

Will blog more after my chemo today. Have a super day and week.

1 comment:

Bobby said...

you didn't blog more after chemo today but I called you anyway to make sure you were ok!